- 04 Mar
In our continuing endeavor to improve Snell Isle, your SIPOA Board has voted to establish a number of committees that will be filled with volunteers whose functions it will be to further the goals of our great community. We want your talent! And we want to gather the resources that we know exist among our members, so if you have something to contribute, whether your time, your ideas or your support, please reach out and get involved. Below is a list of the committees we are establishing:
1) Beautification Committee - this committee will be involved with the monuments, statues, planters, trees and pocket parks in an effort to not only maintain, but further beautify as much of the public areas of Snell Isle as possible. The committee will be directly involved in how SIPOA dues and donations are spent to further these goals.
2) Membership Committee - this committee will be established to come up with, and implement, ideas to get more of our residents to join SIPOA and become more involved.
3) Safety & Security Committee - this committee will be established to investigate more ways to protect and secure our homes, properties, streets and roadways all throughout Snell Isle.
4) Hospitality/Community Events Committee - this committee will be charged with keeping track of new owners and residents, meeting and greeting them and making them feel at home here on Snell Isle and showing them that our community cares and is one of the best places around to call home. Members of the committee will also help set up the Woman’s Club for SIPOA meetings, events and parties and sit at the entrance table to welcome neighbors at these events. The scope of proposed events include the Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Trick or Treat, Santa in the Park, Mother’s Day, Books in the park, Field day in the park among others.
5) Legal & Bylaws Committee - for this committee we are seeking attorneys who practice locally or who are retired and who would be willing to contribute a small amount of their legal talents when any issues of a legal nature arise on Snell Isle.
6) Technology Committee - for this committee we are seeking anyone with a background in tech or web development to join us as we start to replace the Snell Isle website with a platform that maintains our membership information (current and historical), as well as revamping the website for better content and usability. We would welcome input from all, including younger residents with web development skills.