Top News from Snell Isle
- Category: Snell Isle Alerts
- 10 Oct
Today, one of our members had occasion today to sit down with our new Lead Officer for our District 2 Community Service Unit, Sergeant Jason Deary. We are very fortunate to have him lead our group of Community Service Officers (CSO's) that includes Donald Herring (who mainly handles Snell & Venetian), Corey Crawford, Josh Jordan and Courtney Parker. They work interchangeably throughout our District 2 but they need our eyes and ears to help them do their job and help keep us safe!
The biggest problem we have is the fact that what we have all worked hard to earn - both in our homes, cars and other possessions - those who DON’T want to work, prefer to invade our space to take what we make easily available. The things we all need to do routinely are:
- Always keep both your cars and your home LOCKED.
- Don’t leave valuables in your car or, if you must, LOCK them in your trunk.
- Keep your garage door CLOSED.
- Report street lights that are not functioning properly.
- Especially note bicycle riders, especially youthful ones, who ride 2-3 in a “pack” that look out of place in our ‘hood. Consider they are “casing” the area, looking for opportunities.
- Use caution when hiring people purported to do handy work. This can be a rouse to “bait & switch” where you think only one person has arrived but, when they take you to your back yard to show you something, their cohorts (that you didn’t even know were along for the job) move quickly into your house stealing from you.
- If you have a lead foot, expect to receive a speeding ticket. Observe the speed limits - nothing is worth the accident you might cause by speeding or not paying attention!
When you let your guard down - even for a moment - you open yourself to the opportunity of becoming a victim. If you SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING! The Police appreciate the opportunity to serve but they need our help. Better safe than sorry. Please help do your part so all of us can enjoy the fruits of our labor! And please watch out for those who are vulnerable among us.