Sunset Golf Club

The original clubhouse was built by C. Perry Snell in 1920-1921, marking the early development of Snell Isle. The clubhouse is still in operation today and unlike some of the buildings from the same era (The Don Cesar Hotel and the Bay Pines VA Hospital to name two) it has never changed function; it has always remained a golf clubhouse.

Mr. Snell sold the clubhouse to the Clark (candy) family and during that ownership it was managed by E. P. (Bill) Cody who was a very prominent local golfer and golf enthusiast. Billy Watts became the manager and vice-president of the Course when the Alsonette Hotel Corporation, purchased the clubhouse in 1948.

Read full article with historical images

Join The Snell Isle Property Owner's Association

About Snell Isle

image Snell Isle is home to the historic The Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, one of the Nation's premier golf courses.
image Our tropical surroundings provide waterfront vistas for most residents. Over 80% of the homes on Snell Isle enjoy waterfront views.
image In 1920, local developer C. Perry Snell began construction on what was originally, a muddy mangrove island.

Sign Up for Snell Isle News

Read The Latest News