Published: Friday, 05 April 2019 17:29
Hope you can come join us for a few hours tomorrow morning starting at 9AM!
It’s for Coffeepot Bayou improvement projects tomorrow, April 6:
Meet at Oak Street and 32 Ave (AKA Coffeepot Drive) NE, 9 AM.
Sign in, get gear, & donuts (a bribe) for various tasks.
- Help us with cleaning out our new Wanda the Watergoat in Turtle Creek.
- Cut out invasive plants along the Turtle Creek easement & put them in a dumpster.
- Pick up trash along Coffeepot & Brightwaters Blvds. and along 32nd Ave NE.
- We’ll also be doing some water plantings at First Street and the easement.
In preparation for our work, a contractor cut down larger invasive brush and trees along the Turtle Creek easement.
We will rake and prepare this area for planting native plants: Sea grape, Button Wood, and Mangroves.
We hope to see you there, we’ll should be done by noon, and we thank you for volunteering!
Walt Jaap, Coffeepot Bayou Watershed Alliance
You’ll meet some new friends and help benefit our community. We hope you’ll come on out and join us!
Published: Thursday, 04 April 2019 15:31
Message from Snell Isle President Bonnie Hargrett
A number of Snell residents have answered the call and paid their 2019 dues and we appreciate that support. If you’ve not written your SIPOA check (PO Box 7053 St Petersburg, FL, 33734) or paid conveniently via the website, EnjoySnellIsle.com , won’t you take a moment to do that now, please. We have a number of projects underway to help make Snell all that it can be and WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! We have close to 1450 residences on Snell and last year only 619 paid dues. I know we can do better this year!
Here’s the Dues Categories:
Please remember, any amount over $50 can be allocated to special projects such as Beautification, Canary Date Palm Upkeep, Holiday Lights or Miscellaneous and we do thank you for your support!
Published: Wednesday, 27 March 2019 11:33
Message from the City of St. Petersburg.
Please be advised that the 40th Avenue NE bridge will be closed starting on April 8, 2019 for 45 days. Message boards will be activated on roads near the bridge and public notice will sent out through the City’s Marketing Department through NextDoor and social media.
In addition, the project website http://www.40thavenuebridge.com/ will be updated as the progress continues or if you need additional information.
This upcoming road closure will affect traffic volume on Snell Isle. Please be mindful and plan for additional drive times due to this impact.
Published: Tuesday, 19 March 2019 17:38
Outdoor Assembly Permit has been issued for the Heroes Memorial Run this Friday, March 22nd, 2019. The route will begin on Demens Landing and work its way north into Snell Isle. Parking restrictions along the route will begin at 4:00 pm. Route Clearing officers will begin clearing the route at 4:00 pm as well. Vehicles parked in violation of the parking restrictions will be subject to being fined and relocated.
The run will start at 6:30 pm and should conclude by 9:00 pm. Access to the following areas will be as indicated below:
- Snell Isle Bridge – Access across the bridge will be limited to one lane for two-way traffic. Traffic will be regulated by officers on both sides of the bridge.
- Demens Landing – Due to heavy pedestrian traffic, access to Demens Landing will be stopped/limited at approximately 5:00 pm. The exact time will depend on pedestrian traffic. Limited access will remain until approximately 9:00 pm or when it is safe to allow vehicles into the parking areas again.
- West Marina Parking Spaces – Vehicles parked in the West Marina Parking Spaces will be blocked in with bicycle racks by 6:00 pm. It will remain this way until approximately 9:00 pm. Please move your vehicles prior to 6:00 pm if you will need access to them during these hours.
- The Pier Approach – Access to the Pier Approach will be permitted, however there will be delays once the run begins. Vehicles will be permitted across the route, but only when there are gaps in the runners and it is safe to do so.
- Vinoy Hotel and Vinoy Place Condos – Access to the Hotel and the Condos will be permitted at all times via a single cone line.
There will be traffic delays in the downtown area from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm, with various restrictions along the race route. Travelers to the downtown area should plan for extra time to allow for any delays.