Web article 2-11-2019 SPPD Update
Published: Monday, 11 February 2019 17:22
Over the past 6 days the following crimes occurred.
- Residential Burglary on Feb. 8th during the night at 1325 Snell Isle Blvd NE, a bike was stolen from the enclosed garage again from the Water Club at Snell Isle. There are no suspects.
- Vehicle Burglary on Feb. 5th between 11 am and 12 pm at 135 Riviera Way NE, to an unlocked work truck. Ipad and cooler taken with no suspects.
- Vehicle Burglary on Feb. 7th between 7 and 730 am at 1000 Brightwaters Blvd NE, to another unlocked work truck.
- Grand Theft on between Feb. 3rd and 8th, at 1731 Brightwaters Blvd NE, dock box taken from dock. No suspects.
The work truck burglaries may have been committed by the stolen Black vehicle, but no vehicle was seen.
We’ve spoken with SPPD’s Asst Chief particularly noting a specific criminal, DAVID SHIVERS, assisting a number of south side children learn the ropes of committing crimes over multiple counties! He was sent to jail last July for 1-year for drug-related offenses, stolen cars, petty thefts, etc. but was released from jail on December 30th… WHY, I wish I knew but that’s an issue for our State’s Attorney’s Office! We strongly suspect he is helping to drive up our crime numbers here on Snell Isle and surrounding areas. We know a stolen black SUV and a stolen white Audi were both used in the commission of some of this week’s Snell crime (other neighborhoods also), but the police have recovered BOTH of those stolen vehicles. To be certain, the thugs are now in other stolen vehicles! One for sure is a Black Audi 4-door SQ5 with Mo. Tag DR2M8C. Sadly, this thug has a repertoire of stolen vehicles, all high-end, to do his/their dirty work. Please be on the lookout!
If our hunch is correct, and this thug is behind our increase in crime, please consider this ALERT a serious warning to LOCK UP, TAKE YOUR KEYS & VALUABLES & KEEP THOSE GARAGE DOORS DOWN…without exception. Otherwise, get your insurance company’s information handy as you’ll be calling them to file a loss claim!
- Stay Alert to your Surroundings!
- If you see something, say something!
- We are only as good as our weakest link…and don’t let that be YOU!